Friday, January 8, 2010

Traditions



Traditions is a course that each and every employee of the WDW company must take. It goes over the heritage that you now will be upholding and why you are a vital part of the "we" that makes up the team of cast members that, each and every day, make the magic happen for the guests that come to the WDW resort. This over four hour long class takes place at Disney University (yes, they have a legit university!) and was actually really really cool. Were we in the classroom for those four hours? oh no! we went on a back stage and on stage tour of the Magic Kingdom! seeing just how the park is run and how no detail is spared in order to keep the story running for the guests within the park. I was able to go into the legendary underground tunnels that run all through the Magic Kingdom. Yes, I am telling the truth. It was amazing. These Utilidors were made to help the cast members tell the story without any breaks in the pages, and it allows them to quickly get from one end of the park to another. at one time, i was directly underneath Cinderella's castle. very cool. Without going too far into it, some of the fun things I saw were: Cinderella texting, Peter Pan chatting it up with someone from what appeared to be Frontier Land, and parade performers right after a show that I had just witnessed on stage. The winding tunnels that literally can take you anywhere you want to go were full of life and people going from place to place. It was amazing.
The best part of this class though however, even better than the underground tunnels, which were amazing, was the fact that I am now officially a Disney Cast member, or at least, it now feels official for me. Here I received my all access pass to the parks! This official Disney ID gets me into the parks. Anytime, Anywhere, I get in for free! I received my Name Tag! Holding that Disney name tag in my hand, i just wanted to jump up and down yelling "I DID IT! I DID IT! I finally work for DISNEY!"

1 comment:

  1. All lies; everyone knows you abhor all things Disney... and like you were even remotely excited to get your name tag and all access pass. Psh. Bus system? Joke.

    ReplyDelete