Thursday, January 7, 2010

Official Resident of Vista Way Apartment 1310

Checking in today at Disney was WAY overwhelming. After 3+ months of planning and anticipating today, I couldn't even begin to comprehend the fact that it was upon me. from the moment i got out of my car i was ushered in to the sign in building and there I entered the world of paperwork, new people, more paperwork, photo ID stations, loads of informational sheets/packets, Met my new roommate, and, oh yeah, a little bit more paperwork. Just kidding, the paper work wasn't really that bad. but just going through everything was crazy, knowing how much i had to learn instantly and how much more was on it's way to me. After about 2 hours or so, I had to catch a bus that would take me to the Disney Casting center where I would undergo even more steps in the check in process. Here however I was to find out where I was to be working. ahhh, nerve racking!
But before I get to that, I have to tell you about the casting building itself. WOW! absolutely amazing. I had never seen any building like it anywhere else. Disney doesn't miss a beat in the detail department. From the amazing disney, hand painted murals on the walls, to the Peter Pan ceiling painting on the three story + high domed ceiling above you, the large columns that stretched magnificently to hold the whole place up and the amazing colors and lights that you can only find inside a disney building were just absolutely amazing to look at while I waited in line with all the other DCP new cast members.
When I arrived at the first station, I was informed that I will be working in the Future World East attractions in the Epcot. These attractions could include: Spaceship Earth (the large, iconic ball that is the face of Epcot,) Mission: Space (the intense G-Force simulator that takes it's riders on a fast paced trip to Mars,) and Test Track (the high speed ride that lets you be the dummy.)
Overall the Casting experience took over 3 hours and needless to say i was dog tired after that.

Missing everyone from back home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment