Saturday, February 27, 2010

Not Johnny...but he'll do!


As a cast member in Walt Disney World, you can hear some pretty cool things and get some inside tips that none other than a cast member can get. one of those inside information was the supposedly non-fiction rumor that Johnny Depp was going to be in the Magic Kingdom. Not only that, but that he would be suiting up in his Jack Sparrow attire and performing one show of the Pirate Tutorial in Adventure land. So what does that mean I did? you guessed it, i high tailed myself over to The Magic Kingdom the very next day to catch the Pirate Tutorial with my roommate Anna. While we were unsuccessful in seeing Mr. Depp, we were lucky enough to catch what most of us here in Disney like to call "hot wednesday Jack" (or at least some variation of the name) Basically there is a guy that plays Jack Sparrow who is absolutely gorgeous and amazingly similar to Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow, and this fine actor plays Jack consistently on Wednesdays in the MK. But to luckily be at his show on a Thursday was great. Even though we couldn't see Johnny Depp, I had no qualms about watching "Wednesday Jack's" show. This day, apart from being a fun time spent with my friend Anna, was a fun realization of how my life is crazy, yet awesome. Being able to, on a whim, frolic off to The Magic Kingdom just to potentially see one of my favorite actors, and yet still just enjoy the pleasures of just being in the Magic Kingdom was great. I don't think I will ever take for granted the fact that what most people save up for years to be able to do, I get to do on a whim, on my days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment